Wayne County, Ohio
Chippewa Township Trustees
Effective date: April 11, 2014
1. The cemeteries are open for visitation from sunrise to sunset everyday.
2. Upright grave markers are allowed on any grave within the sections where there are existing upright markers. New sections will be flush markers only.
• One footer per grave, for additional burials may place plaques or engrave names on the existing stone, with the exception of veteran markers.
• Grave marker footers must be installed by Chippewa Township
• Footers will be installed at two time periods of the year.
• Once in the spring, with requests made by May 1
• Again in the fall, with request made by August 1
• Weather permitting, the footers will be set in time for marker display on Memorial Day and Labor Day respectively.
3. In keeping with the objective of simple dignity in our cemeteries, no planting of trees, shrubs, bushes, flowers, or any other plants shall be permitted on the cemetery grounds.
4. Wreaths, blankets, plastic flowers, or any other decorations shall be permitted on the cemetery grounds during the week before and the week after Memorial Day. Such decorations will be removed and discarded at any mowing or maintenance time.
5. Decorations may be placed on upright grave markers as long as the decoration is within the outer perimeter of the grave marker. Decorations which protrude outside the outer perimeter of the grave marker will be removed and discarded at each mowing or maintenance time.
6. In the interest of safety, no clay pots, glass containers or sharp wire or metal devices may be placed at the grave at anytime.
7. One casket and one cremation to be buried on a single plot, or two cremations buried on a single plot. The cremation shall be buried on top of casket in front of the head stone.
Cremation urn/vault not to exceed eight (8)inches in height.
8. Notifications of burials must be at least a 48 hours notice for opening of a grave.
9. Only human remains may be buried in Chippewa Township Cemeteries. May place personal belongings in the urns only.
No pets shall be buried at any place in the Cemeteries.
10. The Township, when deemed acceptable, may purchase the lots back from certified deed holders at the purchase price paid by the original owner.
11. Under no circumstances, are grave owners to remove any lot markers or aluminum pins that are found in the ground.
12. All openings and closings of graves must be done by the employees, or under the direction of Chippewa Township Trustees.
13. Any person who chooses to change markers will pay the cost of the new foundation and material costs for the removal of the existing marker.
14. The use of bicycles or All Terrain Vehicles is prohibited.
15. The possession of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs in the cemeteries is strictly prohibited.
CEMETERIES FEES: Township resident Non-resident
Single lots $250.00 $450.00
Double lots $500.00 $900.00
Cremation lots $100.00 $150.00
Marker foundations (36” deep – 2” above ground)
Single 30″x14″ – $300.00
Double 48″x14″ – $400.00
Veterans marker- 100.00
Open/close graves -$400.00 after 2:00 pm on weekdays and on Saturdays – $600.00
Open/close cremation gravesite -$175.00 after 2:00 pm on weekdays and on Saturdays – $275.00
No Burials on Sundays and Holidays.